Thursday, July 28, 2016

Surf and Turf

Today started a new circular for our local grocery stores so I checked to see what meat went on sale.  There wasn't much that I typically cook for our family.  However, one store had chicken at a ridiculous price and the other had shrimp BOGO.  I can't pass up either of those deals!  I almost always buy seafood when it's on sale, anyway.  I spent right around $55 and will prep 5 meals for 3 people (one to eat tonight).  That comes to $3.67 per person.  Not my lowest price, but two of those meals involve seafood and there's no way we could get a good shrimp dish at a restaurant for $4!  Here's what I'm making:

Simple Italian Shrimp from Just a Pinch & Creamy Dreamy Grits from Food.com (this one's to eat tonight)

Creamy Shrimp Skewers from Once a Month Meals -- This will make enough for two meals for us.  When you make this recipe, wrap the pointy ends of the skewers with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so they don't pierce the freezer bag!

Easy Cheesy Mexican Chicken from Thriving Home -- I'm doubling the recipe so we get two meals from this one as well.  It will be a new one for us but I'm looking forward to enjoying it!  I'm going to wait and prep this one tomorrow so it can cook all day in the crock pot.

I was a little disappointed when I first saw the grocery ads but now I'm really happy!  These dinners are going to be delicious!!!

Update: We loved the Easy Cheesy Mexican Chicken!  Doubling the recipe made a LOT.  We would have had plenty for two meals by following the recipe as-is.

No comments:

Post a Comment