Taco Friday
Tonight, we had tacos for dinner. Taco meat is super easy to make and it freezes really well! Ground beef was on sale at Publix so I picked up 3 lbs. After cooking and mixing in the taco seasoning, I added a few cans of refried beans (one can per pound of meat). Not only does this stretch the meat a bit, but it makes for a slightly more nutritious taco. ;) We had enough to eat for dinner and I filled two quart-sized freezer bags with meat for two more dinners!
The tortillas were BOGO so I couldn't pass up getting two bags. However, that means we now have 20 tortilla shells and we'll never eat all of those before they spoil. I divided the bags into sets of five tortillas and flash froze them between sheets of Glad Cling Wrap. I've never frozen tortillas before. Here's hoping they thaw well!
I spent $40 on ingredients for the tacos and made enough to feed three people three times (including taco toppings and sides)...$4.44 per person. Not too bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment